Saturday, May 15, 2010

It's all about the food . . . .

This weekend is supposed to be all about the cleaning, but that hasn't happened yet! Instead, it's turning out to be all about the food!

I bought some fresh mozzarella and basil, to make a pizza puff recipe. After getting the ingredients for that, I decided to try my hand at making a basic Caprese salad. It's just layered basil, tomato cheese, salt and pepper and olive oil. What I discovered is that I love this salad, if I use just a little bit of the fresh basil. A whole leaf is too much for me.

As I speak the pepperoni puffs are in the oven, and at least they smell good! I got the recipe from Danielle. I'm also making those potatoes, maybe for supper. See what I mean by all about the food??

3 of my boys are at their grandparents house this weekend. They'll be so excited when they get home on Sunday because their bunk beds were delivered this weekend. They have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the bunk beds for 3 weeks!

No comments: